The founding of the ‘U Medvídků’ restaurant can be dated to 1466. This former brewery, which was also the location of the first Prague cabaret, was converted in the last century into one of the largest pubs in Prague. The restaurant is visited by both Prague natives and tourists, in particular because of its typical Czech cuisine, excellent Budweiser Budvar and period interior. The restaurant’s location in the historic city centre allows you to marry a visit to our pub with a tour of the Old Town or a visit to one of the nearby theatres (the National Theatre, Laterna-magica, the Black Theatre).
In April 2005, we reopened the ‘House of Beer’. In the historic ‘U Medvídků’ former malthouse, a historic minibrewery and beer and beer souvenir store came into being. A multi-functional hall is located in the building’s gothic roofspace, which serves as a cabaret theatre stage, a location for concerts, incentive events, seminars etc.
every day from 11.30 to 23.00.
Grills + specialties of national cuisine with a canvas folding roof, heated with portable gas heaters. The Brewery Garden can also be used for the catering for tourist groups (open daily from 28th April until 3rd October).
Suitable for private parties. (graduations, seminars…)
Beerhouse – 270 places
The lounge – 30 places
The garden – 50 places